Are you seeking a rewarding administrative job that allows you to make a difference in the local community? If so, consider applying to the City of Harrisonburg’s Office Assistant position within the Registrar’s Office!
The Office Assistant role is a part-time position (no benefits) with a preferred hiring range of $12.39 – $14.25 per hour. The ideal candidate will be available to work 4-hour shifts 3 days each week; however, the position requires availability to work a flexible schedule throughout the year to meet the needs of the department.
The Office Assistant will:
– Serve as the department’s receptionist;
– Answer general information inquiries from the public related to registration and voting, including precincts and districts;
– Assist in assembling material for precinct and public groups;
– Process mail including voter verifications, change of addresses and other relevant information;
– Perform other office duties, as required.
– High school diploma or GED with coursework in typing and minimal clerical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– View the physical requirements of this position on the City’s website.
The Office Assistant position requires:
– General knowledge of standard office equipment, practices, and procedures.
– The ability to type, make mathematical calculations, and perform data entry work accurately and at a reasonable rate of speed in a time-sensitive environment.
– The ability to find and correct errors in a timely manner.
– Basic computer skills.
The selected candidate for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and must receive satisfactory results.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted on the City’s website until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 07/06/2022)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.