Motor Equipment Operator II – Department of Utilities
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled
Support the Charlottesville Department of Utilities in fulfilling its service to provide efficient and safe utilities to all in our community. The Charlottesville Department of Utilities – Water/Wastewater Division is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Motor Equipment Operator II. This position performs responsible semi-skilled work in the regular operation of specialized automotive equipment related to water/wastewater services; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of a Maintenance Crew Supervisor.
The starting amount will be between $16.51 and $19.81 an hour. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, and City’s retirement options.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. (If no diploma or GED is obtained, must have a minimum of 2 years of direct work experience in the field.);
– Must have experience in the operation of motorized equipment;
– This position is subject to emergency call; Must be able to be contacted by phone in case of emergency and reside within 40 minutes response time to the City Yard;
– Must have valid VA driver’s license by employment start date. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166);
– Must have the ability to obtain a CDL within 6 months of hire.
TO APPLY; to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.