Meter Service Technician I
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The preferred hiring range is between $19.75 and $21.47 an hour ($41,080.00 – $44,657.60 Annually). Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a non-exempt Full-Time position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, gym membership reimbursement, and continuing education/training opportunities.
This position performs skilled and routine field work performing electronic and manual reading of gas and water meters; investigating and resolving meter service problems; does related work as required.
Primarily and most frequently the work done here is performed independently, with related functional areas and more advanced applications.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
– Minimum of one (1) year of experience in the gas and water meter field and/or knowledge of the safe methods and practices used when
working with gas and water meters and related devices.
– Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft Excel and Word.
– Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia or qualified and able to obtain a valid VA driver’s license prior to
beginning the position. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit https://www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166);
– Requires the ability to obtain certifications as required by applicable federal, state and local regulations within 6 months of hire.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.