Member Services Administrator (VML)
Job Summary: This position works in VML’s Operations Support team and is responsible for:
- Maintaining VML’s relationship with the business/organization members of VML’s Community Business Member (CBM) program. This includes working with existing members/sponsors to fulfill benefits and identifying and engaging with potential new members. Duties will include maintaining relationships year-round with particular focus on CBMs who exhibit or attend VML’s annual conference each fall.
- In conjunction with running the CBM program, assist with identifying and securing sponsors and advertisers for VML events and publications.
- Some aspects of event planning for VML’s Annual Conference and other VML affiliate organization events throughout the year. This may include receiving requests from VML staff to set up meetings or events and then working with VML’s third-party resource to secure locations, lodging, meals, etc. for those events as well as working with VML’s communications lead to advertise as needed.
Other duties may include creative work to increase value to members including, but not limited to, developing content for VML’s magazine and newsletter, episodes of VML’s podcast, and coordinating with VML’s graphic designer and communications director to develop and implement member engagement initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate value to existing members by remaining engaged and delivering benefits.
- Work to ensure members/sponsors renew at or above existing level annually.
- Identify and solicit new members.
- Independently assess, recommend, and implement improvements to the existing membership program.
- Assist VML staff with event planning for events throughout the year.
- Attend in-person and virtual functions throughout the year.
General Job Functions:
- This employee willingly accepts other duties as assigned and works as part of the VML team to completes such duties in a professional, cooperative, and effective manner.
- This employee exemplifies VML Core Values of “Passion for service,” “Helpful to all,” “Intellectually curious,” and “Calm in the storm.”
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas: Fundraising, enrollment, events planning, grants applications, customer engagement.
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a related field (extensive experience may be considered in lieu of a subject-specific degree).
- Knowledge of local government operations is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent skills in time management, planning/organizational, oral and written communication, interpersonal relations, and teamwork.
- Experience working with website content and online registration/survey forms a plus.
- High tolerance for ambiguity.