Marketing Research Specialist
The Economic Development Department is seeking an analytical thinker who thrives on research and report presenting to join their influential and progressive thinking team.
A successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing economic data, preparing materials and proposals, developing databases, maintaining economic research programs, and designing related publications.
Other exciting job responsibilities include:
– Working within broad policy and organizational guidelines; independently plans and implements projects; reports the progress of major activities through periodic conferences and meetings
– Prepares presentation materials and proposals for maintaining and obtaining additional revenue for the City
– Develops and maintains an automated database of commercial and industrial real estate within the City
– Maintains a comprehensive economic research program using resources such as the media, literature, the Internet, and personal interviews
– Designs, updates, and publishes publications relating to economic development for clients, businesses, and the general public
– Responds to and follows up with inquiries, concerns, and leads regarding property information, economic expansion, and related issues
– Gathers and evaluates demographic and other related information and provides statistical data to support studies and reports
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a closely related field.
In addition to satisfying the vocational/education standards, this class requires a minimum of one year of related, full-time equivalent experience.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with the City Driving Standards.
Employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.