Marketing & Communications Manager
Williamsburg Regional Library is a nationally recognized four-star rated library by Library Journal. WRL serves residents of the Historic Triangle of Virginia including the City of Williamsburg, James City County and York County with outstanding, quality, and innovative library services. We are looking for a creative, energetic, experienced marketing and communications professional to join our forward-thinking team. Your job will be to develop a marketing strategy that tells the library story in a fresh, compelling, engaging style utilizing visual, digital, and written formats. WRL embraces a collaborative, flexible, and professional work environment that emphasizes quality services that evolve to meet the changing needs for our users. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for public service able to introduce and implement positive change and simultaneously handle a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced collegial work environment.
• Responsible for the effective supervision of assigned staff to include selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
• Oversees and coordinates the direction and development of all public information, communication and marketing efforts.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive marketing strategy and brand identity to effectively tell the library’s story and communicate the library’s services, collections, and programs.
• Conducts surveys and works with focus groups, neighborhoods, organizations, and institutions to respond to community needs.
• Manages library website including coordinating the web team, web design, content presentation, and visual elements; works with library vendors to coordinate website construction, updates, and app development.
• Collaborates with library director and staff to ensure WRL’s identity and brand is relevant, compelling, and is fully aligned with its strategic goals; evaluates trends, assesses new data, and keeps up-to-date with website design, marketing, and branding; assists Friends of the WRL Foundation in the development of compatible marketing and informational materials.
• Identifies and applies for state and national library awards and system recognition; supports project needs, initiatives, strategic goals, and participates on library-wide committees as needed.