MANAGER, COMMUNITY SYSTEMS
Loudoun Water, a public water and sewer utility located in Ashburn, Virginia, has an opening for a Manager, Community Systems in the Operations and Maintenance division. The individual will manage the Community Systems department which operates small water and wastewater treatment systems serving residential and commercial developments located in Loudoun County. We are looking for a highly motivated self starter with an eye for quality and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Essential functions include:
• Effective management of the Community Systems agreements and/or contracts
• Planning, organizing, and supervising operations staff
• Monitoring facility protocols and processes to ensure correct and efficient operations
• Reviewing equipment maintenance schedule according to operating records, process flows, and equipment characteristics
• Making frequent inspections of the operating area, reviewing daily logs, and coordinating operating and maintenance procedures
• Monitoring the collection of samples and data; monitoring the laboratory for accuracy and maintaining the quality of drinking water
• Coordinating the development and implementation of a predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance program with the Director of Maintenance for all equipment, tools, electrics, electronics, heavy equipment.
• Overseeing the creation and development of CIP projects for the department and ensures data and maintenance plans are captured into SAP.
Requirements: BS in chemistry, biology, engineering, or related environmental science. Five years progressively responsible experience in the operations and maintenance of water and/or wastewater treatment facilities and their associated permitting requirements. An advanced degree in related field may be substituted for part of the required experience. Possession of or ability to obtain certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 6 months of employment desirable. Work overtime as required to carry out job responsibilities and duties.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE