Maintenance Worker Intern – Department of Utilities
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled.
The hiring amount will be between $15.00 and $16.50 an hour. Support the Charlottesville Department of Utilities in fulfilling its service to provide efficient and safe utilities to all in our community. The Department is seeking an intern to join our team who is highly motivated and who strives for success by demonstrating Charlottesville’s Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
This intern will be working in maintenance and operations assisting in the field with maintenance work such as repairs, replacements, and installations of water and wastewater infrastructure. Primarily and most frequently the work is performed under direct supervision, within one functional area, and of a routine nature.
– Assists in the repair, replacement and installation of water and wastewater infrastructure and related facilities;
– Operates hand tools and power equipment associated with water treatment and maintenance operations;
– Provides educational opportunity in field of interest with the use of hands on experience;
– Provides assistance on special projects and research assistance as directed;
– Performs related tasks as required.
– High School Diploma or GED is required.
– Some work or educational experience in relevant field.
– Valid, appropriate, Driver’s License issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit https://www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166)
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page. This opportunity is listed as Continuous/Open Until Filled and may close at any time after 5 calendar days.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.