Maintenance Worker III – Stormwater
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled
Starting hiring amount is $15.09 to $18.12 an hour. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
This Maintenance Worker III is part of a stormwater crew in the Public Service Division and is responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled work such as cleaning, inspecting, and construction/repairing the City’s stormwater infrastructure as required under the City’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit; Stormwater maintenance tasks include but are not limited to the use of specialized tools, operating specialized and other equipment, flagging, digging, work marking, installation/repair of pipes/structures, concrete/asphalt repair and other stormwater installation and maintenance assignments by the supervisor. Does related work as required.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. (If no diploma or GED is obtained, must have a minimum of 2 years of direct work experience in the field.)
– Requires a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position as a skilled worker in the maintenance, repair and or construction activity to which assigned including but not limited to water/wastewater/stormwater, emergency response to weather related or other events, and other transportation construction activities such as concrete, asphalt, forming, traffic control, etc.;
– Some prior experience in the operation of the equipment to which assigned;
– Must have valid VA driver’s license by employment start date;
– Must obtain a Class A CDL within 12 months of hire;
– This position is subject to emergency call;
– Must be able to be contacted by phone in case of emergency and reside within 45 minutes response time to the City Yard located at 305 4th St NW.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.