Maintenance Technician I (Trees Division)
The City of Winchester invites you to come join our team! The City has an outstanding strategic plan that includes goals and objectives, a clear vision, and a culture of collaboration. We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician I in our Public Services Trees division.
* Installs and maintains plantings and landscaping materials along thoroughfares and special plots
* Responsible for transplanting, pruning, removal and general care of trees on city owned and maintained properties
* Makes inspections to determine the condition of trees along streets, parks and other areas as to their needs for maintenance, planting,
removal and care
* Maintains records and prepares reports
* Maintains tree care equipment and tools including, but not limited to bucket truck, chain saw, pole saw, chipper, water pump, and hand tools
* Snow/Ice removal (which includes 12 hour shifts possibly nights, weekends & holidays)
* Leaf Collection
* Special Events (i.e. Shenandoah Valley Apple Blossom Festival)
* Perform exceptional external & internal customer service to the Citizens of Winchester & fellow employees
* Assist in other areas of Public Services as needed including (but not limited to) Refuse?Recycling, Streets & Traffic
* Other duties as assigned.