Maintenance Mechanic I
Under close supervision of the Supervisor, Mechanical Maintenance or a senior maintenance mechanic, performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the installation, preventive maintenance, emergency repair and operation of water supply facilities consisting of pumping stations, storage tanks and their sites; and portions of the transmission and distribution systems.
• Assisting higher-level maintenance mechanics with rebuilding or replacing all types of pumps and equipment and performing predictive and preventive mechanical maintenance to include such work as lubricating, inspecting, and servicing mechanical equipment in accordance with predictive preventive maintenance schedules.
• Assisting in the inspection, repair, rebuilding or replacing of a variety of pressure regulating and control devices to include: pressure reducing, relief, sustaining, air release, flow control, altitude, butterfly and ball valves.
• Assisting with the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment including minor vehicle maintenance, lawn equipment, tractors, chain saws, gas pumps, gas generators, welding equipment, vacuums, and other equipment.
Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of one year of mechanical experience in:
o Pump maintenance and repair or
o Control valve maintenance and repair or
o Small engine repair or
o HVAC installation, maintenance, and repair or
o Automotive engine and mechanical systems maintenance and repair or
o Completed 2 years of High School Career and Technical Education in Automotive Technology or HVAC or
o 1-year Certificate in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
• Has used tools and equipment used in building, grounds and mechanical maintenance.
• Has basic computer knowledge and skills, and the ability to use SAP and GIS programs.
• Ability to work unscheduled hours during emergency and/or unusual situations (24 hours per day, 7 days a week).
• Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment. This position is also subject to random testing after hire.
•Ability to learn and demonstrate skilled mechanical tasks, including all tasks included in this job description, as a means of increasing knowledge of the mechanical trade and developing the necessary skills required for advancement.