Lifeguard (Year-Round, Part-Time)
Do you want to work in a fun environment while providing a safe experience for guests at the Westover Pool Complex? If so, the Parks and Recreation Lifeguard position may be the right fit for you!
The Lifeguard position is a year-round, part-time position with no benefits and a preferred hiring rate of $11.63 per hour. The ideal candidate for this position will have a positive attitude and will be responsible for ensuring the general safety, health, discipline and enjoyment of patrons at the Westover Pool Complex.
– Opens and closes the pool, including accepting and accounting for any entry fees;
– Enforces water safety and pool rules;
– May instructor or assist with instruction of swim lessons;
– Participates in training programs to continuously improve lifeguarding skills and abilities;
– Provides emergency lifesaving services to swimmers in need;
– Cleans and disinfects pool facilities, including, but not limited to, restrooms, locker rooms, family changing room, lifeguard office, pool deck and all deck chairs/equipment on a regularly scheduled basis;
– May test water for balance of pool chemicals;
– Assists with special events;
– Answers questions from patrons;
– Maintains daily records and performs routine data entry on a computer.
To find out more information specifically related to this position, including physical requirements, and to apply for consideration, please visit: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: All candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application in order to be considered. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 08/21/2020)
Please note: Preference will be granted to applicants that were previously City employees subject to the May 4, 2020 Memorandum layoff. If an individual that was subject to the lay off is offered and accepts this opportunity, he/she will become a regular, part-time employee in this position. Additionally, the individual will not be eligible for any additional recall opportunities, including the position held prior to being laid off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.