Do you want to work in a fun environment while providing a safe experience for guests at the Westover Pool Complex? If so, the Parks and Recreation Lifeguard (Seasonal) position may be the right fit for you!
The Lifeguard (Seasonal) position is a temporary, seasonal position with no benefits and a preferred hiring rate of $11.80 per hour. The ideal candidate for this position will have a positive attitude and will be responsible for ensuring the general safety, health, discipline, and enjoyment of patrons at the Westover Pool Complex. Applicants who possess the certifications from another organization and applicants who do not yet possess all of the required certifications will be considered and trained on American Red Cross standards if selected for the position.
Seasonal Lifeguards will:
– Open and close the pool, including accepting and accounting for any entry fees;
– Enforce water safety and pool rules;
– Provide emergency lifesaving services to swimmers in need;
– Clean the pool and related facilities on a regular schedule;
– Answer questions from patrons.
To find out more information specifically related to this position, please visit: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
– 16 years of age or older by date of hire.
– High school diploma or GED and some experience as a lifeguard and maintaining a swimming pool, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Current high school students are encouraged to apply.
– Current possession of (or ability to obtain prior to being assigned to the lifeguard stand) current American Red Cross certifications, to include Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR-PRO. Applicants who possess the certifications from another organization and applicants who do not yet possess all of the required certifications will be considered and trained on American Red Cross standards if selected for the position.
– Ability to obtain American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification, if needed at a later date.
To Apply: All candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application in order to be considered. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 01/29/2021)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an EOE.