Lifeguard On Call (Indoor)
James City County’s nationally accredited and gold medal award winning Parks & Recreation Department seeks individuals to perform responsible work ensuring the safety of swimmers, enforcing safety rules, promoting water safety, and maintaining pool areas at the James City County Community Center.
• Ensure the safety of pool patrons; enforce pool policies, rules, and regulations.
• Perform rescues and provide appropriate care; administers first aid, CPR, defibrillation, and oxygen as needed.
• Measure water chemistry and report results to supervisor.
• Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and pool area.
• Attend staff trainings and meetings.
• Teach swimming lessons.
• Some lifeguarding experience preferred
• Must possess and maintain the following American Red Cross certifications:
• First Aid
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Knowledge of water rescue methods; lifeguarding and first-aid practices and techniques; swimming pool safety; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in carrying out water rescues; effective oral and written communications.
• Ability to physically perform all American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills; deal courteously but firmly with pool patrons.