The City of Winchester invites you to come join our team! The City has an outstanding strategic plan that includes goals and objectives, a clear vision, and a culture collaboration. We are recruiting for position of Lifeguard in our Parks & Recreation department.
* Knowledge and performance of approved water rescue and accident prevention techniques, emergency procedures, simulation drills, water
safety policies, first aid, and CPR.
* Knowledge and performance of water safety practices and procedures.
* Basic knowledge of operational safety and maintenance requirements for aquatics facilities and amenities.
* Ability to react efficiently and effectively in emergency rescue situations.
* Ability to react efficiently and tactfully with the public and to be capable of enforcing regulations firmly and impartially.
* Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the City of Winchester Ethics policy.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials, and
members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
* Skills in pool and open water swimming, water rescue, accident prevention techniques, water safety procedures, standard first aid and CPR.
* Completes other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
* Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Provides support at other department programs and events as needed.