Library Specialist – Adult Services
The Williamsburg Regional Library is a nationally recognized four-star library rated library by Library Journal. WRL serves residents of the Historic Triangle of Virginia, including the City of Williamsburg, James City County and York County with outstanding quality and innovative library services.
• Provides information and materials from the library’s collection and other resources.
• Locates and recommends materials appropriate for users’ interest and reading levels.
• Prepares and offers programs and services to adult users outside the building as part of the library’s outreach series.
• Assists with library programs such as tours and classes.
• Uses electronic resources including online databases and the Internet for reference purposes.
• Troubleshoots public computers and printers.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree; experience in public library preferred.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire a valid VA driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of printed and electronic reference sources, library research techniques including online and other electronic sources; and library procedures.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interact and communicate with users of all ages in a pleasant and effective manner; establish and maintain effective working relationship with the public and other library personnel; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; plan and organize daily work and special projects.