Library Management Analyst
Williamsburg Regional Library is a nationally recognized four-star rated library by Library Journal. WRL serves residents of the Historic Triangle of Virginia including the City of Williamsburg, James City County and York County with outstanding, quality, and innovative library services. We are looking for an engaging and forward-thinking Library Management Analyst to join our management team and assist the library director with developing, implementing, and evaluating major initiatives and complex projects that extend across library divisions. Areas of responsibility include data analysis, community engagement, grant writing, strategic planning, administrative support, and volunteer and staff development, training, and recognition. WRL embraces a collaborative, flexible, and professional work environment that emphasizes quality services that evolve to meet the changing needs for our users. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for public service able to introduce and implement positive change and simultaneously handle a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced collegial work environment.
• Conducts a variety of research and other assigned projects; analyzes problem areas in service delivery and formulates recommendations for improvements; serves as a staff resource; tracks, analyzes, and provides feedback on library and management trends.
• Provides analysis and support to library management and various departments to realize operational excellence objectives.
• Manages collection, submission, and analysis of library statistical data; ensures consistency, accuracy, completeness of data; prepares or assists with the preparation of various statistical reports with other library divisions/departments.
• Develops and implements a comprehensive staff and volunteer development and training program.
• Seeks ways to engage the community with the library; plans, coordinates and organizes special events, festivals or projects for library services.; establishes and coordinates project teams to meet the needs of specific projects; develops project plans and budgets; evaluates projects; conducts internal and external needs assessments.
• Researches grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies; works with library management and the Friends of WRL Foundation (FWRLF) to draft grant proposals and supporting documents.
• Assists with the development and annual update of the library’s strategic plan and annual business plans.