The Library Director runs all aspects of the Library: manages the collection and Library budget; collects and prepares data for State, local and Trustee requirements; communicates with and serves Library patrons; and supervises and directs the work of a Senior Librarian and Library Assistant. The Library Director reports to the Trustees.
Candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
– Masters’ Degree in Library Science (MLS) or Library and Information Science (MLIS);
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in management of a library, including management of staff; and
– Experienced with strategic planning and expanding outreach to the community.
Preferred experience includes:
– Experienced with fundraising and grant writing for library projects; and
– Experienced with expansion and renovation of an existing library.
The Trustees are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative leader who can transform of our library into one of the premier libraries in Central Virginia, and to ensure high-quality, state-of-the-art service for our rural community for the years to come in an increasingly technology-driven world.
Full-time starting salary will be from $75,000 negotiable, depending upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include Virginia Retirement System and health insurance with family supplement.
Application may be downloaded at: http://www.rappahannockcountyva.gov/employment.html
Interested candidates should email their cover letter, resume, application and references to:
Lauren D. May, Director of Human Resources and Special Projects, P. O. Box 519 Washington, VA 22747-0519 or to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled; review of applications will begin May 15, 2020. EOE