Lead Park Attendant (Veterans Park)
• Oversees work of team members during operations including coordination and accountability for job completion; works with Program Coordinator to establish maintenance schedule for litter removal and facility cleaning; assists with training employees and evaluating employee performance.
• Serves as on-site liaison to special event and tournament organizers; assists customers at the counter and over the telephone; collects fees; directs patrons to park areas.
• Maintains maintenance supplies and inventory of park equipment; prepares and submits various reports.
• Opens and closes parks; enforces rules to ensure compliance of safety rules and regulations; maintains cleanliness of park to include empty trash cans, pick up litter, clean rest rooms and shelters; inspects park to help ensure the safe and proper conduct of patrons and staff.
• Performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, grounds, and any park structures.
• Some work experience which shall have involved assisting the public, general record keeping and handling money.
• Depending on area assigned, must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County criteria.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults and Child).
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
• Skill in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; operate cash register, general office equipment, word processing equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned; handle money and maintain related fiscal records; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; make mathematical computations with accuracy; follow verbal and written instructions.