Lead Park Attendant (Jamestown Beach Event Park)
• Oversees the work of team members during operations including coordination and accountability for job completion; works with Program Coordinator to establish maintenance schedule for litter removal and facility cleaning; assists with training employees and evaluating employee performance.
• Serves as on-site liaison to special event and tournament organizers; assists customers at the counter and over the telephone; collects fees; directs patrons to park areas.
• Maintains maintenance supplies and inventory of park equipment; prepares and submits various reports.
• Opens and closes parks; enforces rules to ensure compliance of safety rules and regulations; maintains cleanliness of park to include empty trash cans, pick up litter, clean rest rooms and shelters; inspects park to help ensure the safe and proper conduct of patrons and staff.
• Performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, grounds, and any park structures.
• Some work experience which shall have involved assisting the public, general record keeping and handling money.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County criteria.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults and Child).
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
• Skill in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; operate cash register, general office equipment, word processing equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned; handle money and maintain related fiscal records; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; make mathematical computations with accuracy; follow verbal and written instructions.