Lead Park Attendant
Multiple Full-time and Part-time positions available.
$34,117 / year or higher DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits
$16.40 / hour or higher DOQ + Partial County Benefits
James City County’s Parks and Recreation is seeking dynamic, energetic, and self-motivated leaders to perform responsible service work and lead staff in the daily operation of our award-winning parks. If you enjoy nature, history, sports, and most importantly, working outdoors, this is an exciting employment opportunity for full-time and part-time positions. The department operates 17 unique parks, and Lead Park Attendant positions are needed at the Warhill Sports Complex, Chickahominy Riverfront Park, the James City County Marina, Freedom Park, Veterans Park, and Little Creek Reservoir Park. Applicants who can work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, are preferred. Applicants have the option to select their preferred employment category (full-time or part-time regular) and their assigned location; however, if hired, employees may be required to work at other locations as needed. Candidates should discuss availability during the hiring process.
• Oversees work of team members during operations including coordination and accountability for job completion; works with Program Coordinator to establish maintenance schedule for litter removal and facility cleaning; assists with training employees and evaluating employee performance.
• Serves as on-site liaison to special event and tournament organizers; assists customers at the counter and over the telephone; collects fees; directs patrons to park areas.
• Maintains maintenance supplies and inventory of park equipment; prepares and submits various reports.
• Opens and closes parks; enforces rules to ensure compliance of safety rules and regulations; maintains cleanliness of park to include empty trash cans, pick up litter, clean rest rooms and shelters; inspects park to help ensure the safe and proper conduct of patrons and staff.
• Performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, grounds, and any park structures.