Lead Lifeguard (Indoor)
James City County’s nationally accredited and gold medal award winning Parks & Recreation Department seeks individuals to perform responsible work ensuring the safety of swimmers, enforcing safety rules, promoting water safety, and maintaining pool areas at James City County Community Center.
• Ensure the safety of pool patrons; enforce pool policies, rules, and regulations.
• Perform rescues and provide appropriate care; administers first aid, CPR, defibrillation, and oxygen as needed.
• Measure water chemistry and report results to supervisor.
• Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and pool area.
• May assist Recreation/Aquatic Program Coordinator in daily aquatic managerial duties.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to considerable lifeguarding experience.
• Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Must possess the following certifications.
o American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certificate;
o American Red Cross First Aid Certificate; and,
o American Red Cross Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer (CPR-PRI).
• Knowledge of water rescue methods; lifeguarding and first-aid practices and techniques; swimming pool safety; and, principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to be courteous, while enforcing pool rules, with patrons.