Land Development Coordinator
LAND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Town of Christiansburg
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Engineering, the Land Development Coordinator assists in the planning, reviewing, and management of professional engineering work involved with land development planning and design. Manages customer service requests and coordinates with customers and other departments to resolve service requests.
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or related field, or equivalent education, training, and experience
• Prior experience in civil engineering or land development related field
Licenses and Certifications
• Commonwealth of Virginia Professional Engineer (PE), preferred but not required (reciprocity between states will be considered)
• Valid Virginia driver’s license with the ability to meet and maintain Town insurability requirements
• Virginia DEQ Plan Reviewer for Stormwater Management, or ability to obtain within 6 months from date of hire.
• Virginia DEQ Plan Reviewer for Erosion and Sediment Control, or ability to obtain within 12 months from date of hire
• Virginia DEQ Program Administrator for Stormwater Management, or ability to obtain within 12 months from date of hire
• Virginia DEQ Program Administrator for Erosion and Sediment Control, or ability to obtain within 18 months from date of hire