Journeyman – Traffic Signs
Do you want to work in a team environment and utilize your knowledge, skills and abilities to assist in maintaining traffic signs throughout the City? If so, the Journeyman – Traffic Signs position within the City’s Public Works Department may be the right career for you!
The Journeyman – Traffic Signs position is a full-time opportunity with benefits and a preferred hiring range of $16.12 – $18.54 per hour (equivalent to $33,529 – $38,563 annually); however, an exact starting rate will be determined in compliance with City policy. Applicants may be considered for other levels within the department at a rate commensurate with applicant qualifications.
In the Journeyman – Traffic Signs position, you will:
– Assemble, install, and repair regulatory, directional, warning, and construction signs;
– Maintain inventory of signs used;
– Operate a computer system to prepare and maintain reports and files along with completing work orders, including documenting work performed and materials and equipment used;
– Ensure safety of work zone and staff by setting up signs, verifying and marking utilities, and other related duties;
– Perform other duties as listed in the job ad on the City’s website and as assigned.
Find out more information related to this opportunity by clicking on the hyperlink at the bottom of this ad.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 06/01/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.