IT Systems Engineer II – Information Security (33309)
The City of Virginia Beach is currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer II to work on our Information Security Team. The purpose of this position is to provide information security services in the operation of the City’s information security program. The ideal candidate will be a team player who has experience with large enterprise security programs including vulnerability management, security and event monitoring, threat evaluation, risk management, incident response and compliance activities. The engineer will be responsible for the operations of various security related applications, reviewing system architecture submittals, performing risk base analysis, participating in security incidents, participating in DevSecOps processes and participating in compliance related activities.
Specific duties include:
• Knowledge of principles of cyber security best practices and concepts.
• Experience with performing compliance activities and audits such as policy reviews, process reviews and third-party security audits.
• Familiarity with HIPAA, CJIS, Virginia CDPA along with other Federal and state privacy regulations as they pertain to data privacy and information security control requirements.
• Experience with the monitoring and operation of SEIM applications.
• Experience with configuring and operating an enterprise class anti-virus/anti-malware system including policy, scanning and remediation activities.
• Experience conducting and participating in cyber security related investigations and incidents.
Minimums: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field plus four (4) years of professional IT experience; OR any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or professional progressive IT experience equivalent to eight (8) years in fields utilizing the knowledge, skills and abilities in technology systems, systems functions and systems capabilities; and associated with such positions as Systems Engineer, Network Engineer, Database Administrator or Programmer Analyst.
To view the full job description or to apply online; go to: www.vbgovcareers.com