Inventory Control Specialist
Do you want to work in a professional warehouse environment that serves as the City of Harrisonburg’s centralized location for purchasing/inventory and also takes pride in the level of service provided to internal customers? If so, the Inventory Control Specialist position within the City’s Public Works Department may be the right career for you!
As the Inventory Control Specialist, you’ll:
– Assist in managing and maintaining operations of the centralized storage area, including opening and closing of the warehouse on a daily basis and enforcing storeroom rules and procedures;
– Assist and participate in the Product Review Committee;
– Research potential products, materials, and supplies to ensure quality and fit for upcoming projects;
– Assist in determining inventory stock levels of all items in the warehouse and provide recommendations on inventory stock levels on an annual or as-needed basis;
– Perform other duties as listed in the job ad on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 03/10/2023)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.