Internet Specialist/Tech Support Specialist (Monticello Avenue Community Network)
Application Deadline: December 4, 2020 at 5pm EST.
The Jefferson-Madison Regional Library is seeking a full-time Internet Specialist/Tech Support Specialist to support the Monticello Avenue Community Network and Library IT Department, located at the Central Library on East Market Street. This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and security of computer hardware and software used in the Central Library and monitors public use of the Computer Lab. This position also assists with system administration of a Linux webserver and provides training and assistance with website design and providing technical support to member organizations.
Work schedule will vary and includes evenings and weekend hours on a rotating basis.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a 4-year college degree. If no degree, requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and one year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of the required higher education;
– Knowledge of software applications and Microsoft operating systems required;
– IT skills and abilities related to hardware, operating systems, testing maintenance, troubleshooting and instruction are required;
– Requires a thorough knowledge of HTML;
– Requires ability to drive and possession of a valid driver’s license.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment website and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
JMRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.