Instructor I/II/III Special Interest (ARC)
James City County Parks and Recreation seeks an American Red Cross Certified CPR/First Aid Instructor to administer training and certifications in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Plan, implement, and conduct class/program activities as appropriate
• Prepare site for activity and ensures proper clean-up at end of each class/program; maintain rapport with site staff.
• Ensure class records are up-to-date and submitted at the conclusion of class/program; ensure class evaluations are handed out at the end of class/program; ensure class/program goals are met.
• Oversee proper use of facility, equipment, and supplies; establish and enforce class/program rules and policies for students.
• Ensure participant safety; reports all accidents, incidents, and disciplinary concerns to the supervisor.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma supplemented by college course work in related field; and considerable training/instructing experience.
• Must be a certified ARC First Aid and CPR Trainer and able to bridge trainings to courses including but not limited to Community CPR, and Professional Rescuer.
• Must possess certification in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) from the American Red Cross (ARC).
• Considerable knowledge of instructional procedures and practices.
• Skill in leadership (group and individual); teaching techniques, organizing time, and assessing participants’ interests and capabilities; communicating both orally and in writing; group facilitation; dealing with difficult situations.
• Ability to work effectively with staff and the public; plan and direct training sessions; oversee work of others; generate interest of participants in class/program; break down subject matter to teach assigned skill groups.