Industrial Programmer II
Applicants must apply on-line at our website and may view full job description at www.westernvawater.org/careers
SUMMARY OF JOB
Performs work involving the implementation of SCADA/Control systems, telecommunications and networking, cyber security, planning and program management, technology selection, business process optimization and information technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned or scheduled.
• Oversee and direct work of assigned employees.
• Install, program, and maintain SCADA system / network and instrumentation equipment at water/wastewater treatment plants, groundwater wells, reservoirs, metering stations, and booster pump sites; design and integrate facilities; plan future improvements; and work with staff to improve the functionality of field operations.
• Assist with preparing SCADA network project cost estimates, budgets, and coordination with consultants/contractors.
• Maintain equipment records for assigned sites; update records for new equipment installations.
• Install and maintain SCADA radio communication equipment; Program and backup SCADA radio configurations; test and align radio signal; troubleshoot communication problems on a 24/7 basis.
• Perform SCADA maintenance; Utilize PLC programming to troubleshoot and pinpoint maintenance issues, make approved programming modifications, upload / download programs and create program backups, configure and calibrate instrumentation, backup and restore SCADA PC installations.
• Install SCADA PCs / Servers, including the configuration and installation of operating systems, Human Machine Interface (HMI) software, updates, control programming, and displays.
• Install and maintain SCADA network; Troubleshoot communication issues, design, install, and program VPNs, routers, and switches.
• Install and program applicable special software as may be required by specific equipment on the network.
• Design and program reports for operators and supervisors using historical data.
• Identifies and reports work progress of assigned employee to responsible supervisor/manager.
• Reports problems and conflicts to supervisor immediately or as soon as possible.
• Subject to twenty-four (24) hour call.