Industrial Electrician, Instrumentation, Control Specialist
James City Service Authority (JCSA) is seeking individual to perform experienced work maintaining and repairing control system equipment such as electrical, electronic, microprocessor and variable frequency drives, electro-mechanical, power generation and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) components.
• Performs advanced design, maintenance, repair and installation of electrical/mechanical equipment and systems in well and lift station facilities including motors, motor controllers, power distribution systems, SCADA/telemetry, generators, engines, pumps and other associated mechanical systems; installs upgrades of existing SCADA/telemetry systems.
• Redesigns and rewires control systems in water production and wastewater collection facilities; designs and modifies control circuits for new and relocated electrical equipment systems.
• Installs and maintains variable frequency drives, modular programmable logic controllers and solid-state controllers.
• Performs control and instrumentation work on power generation equipment to include automatic bus transfer switching systems; diagnoses electrical problems with pumps and motors and repairs if possible.
• Performs repair and installation on low voltage direct current SCADA/telemetry interface; performs electronic repairs and adjustments to SCADA/telemetry circuit boards.
• Performs electrical construction projects such as conduit installation and installs control panels and motor controllers.