Industrial Electrician II/III
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Industrial Electrician II/III. This position will position will be filled at either the level II or III depending on the education and experience of the selected candidate. Under general supervision of a Supervisor, and/or an Industrial Electrician III, performs skilled electrical work and work associated with the installation, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC) and controls used in all Fairfax Water facilities.
Essential functions include:
• Performs skilled electrical/HVAC work associated with the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment by:
• Conducting preventive maintenance activities according to schedule on all electrical operated equipment and systems to include: motors, switchgears, lighting systems, fire alarms, motor controls, UPS, SCADA, and other systems and equipment.
• Installing and repairing electrical equipment and HVAC systems based on work orders assigned.
• Troubleshooting, analyzing, recommending corrective action and repairing high and low voltage switchgear, motors, generators, control circuits, fire alarm systems and other related electrical devices, systems and equipment. Repairing and troubleshooting high voltage (13.2 to 4160) and low voltage (480/277 to 120/208) switchgear.
• Reporting complex electrical problems to the Supervisor.
• Making frequent inspections of all HVAC equipment failures and irregular operation and recommending corrective measures to improve efficiency and reliability.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of three years applicable industrial electrical and HVAC experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
• Possession of a valid Journeyman or Master Electrician’s License.
• Possession of a Journeyman Mechanical License issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia is required in order to meet the minimum requirements of an Industrial Electrician III.
• Possession of a CFC License or ability to obtain one within a year.
• Good knowledge of motor controls, motor circuits and high voltage.
• Good knowledge of electrical theory and of the methods, practices, equipment and tools used in electrical systems and equipment.
• Good knowledge of electrical construction and maintenance including installation o