DUTIES: Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of all HVAC equipment and controls in City buildings. Performs regularly scheduled preventative maintenance of HVAC units. Responds to and diagnoses mechanical system trouble calls. Maintains and repairs heating, ventilation, and cooling units and ice machines. Plans and leads HVAC projects, prepares bid documents and reviews proposals. Prepares requisitions and estimates. Maintains HVAC project schedules and records of expenditures, materials used, tasks completed, accidents and injuries. Writes scope of work and estimates cost for repair/replacement needs. Maintains comprehensive documentation of services and repairs. Supervises performance of contractors and mentors and trains HVAC Trainees/Apprentices. Successful incumbent will be a member of the Building technicians’ team, actively engaged with ensuring all building systems are maintained and in excellent condition.
• High School diploma or GED
• Completion of an approved HVAC apprentice program.
• Four years of experience in HVACR
• Valid Driver’s License
• On-Call Maintenance Team participation, which requires employee to live within 60 miles of City Hall
• Possession of a Journeyman License
• Two years’ experience mentoring and supervising the activities of HVAC Apprentices or HVAC Mechanics
• Universal CFC Certification
*COVID-19 vaccination required in order to qualify for this position.
SALARY: $54,552 ($26.23/hour) – $62,743 ($30.17/hour) Depending on Qualification
How to Apply:
PLEASE VISIT THE CITY’S WEBSITE AT: WWW.CITYOFBOWIE.ORG AND CLICK ON THE EMPLOYMENT LINK.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE