Human Resources Generalist
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Town of Christiansburg
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Generalist assists with administration of a wide range of human resources policies and procedures for all Town employees. Works with all facets of the human resource function including but not limited to talent acquisition, onboarding, HRIS/personnel actions, records management, safety, wellness, training and development, and benefits & leave administration. The essential duties of this job may be weighted, prioritized, and distributed differently per position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, or closely related field; or equivalent education, training, and experience
• Minimum of 3 years experience working within an area of human resources
• Prior experience with human resources in a local or state government desired
• Experience with benefits administration preferred
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Valid Virginia driver’s license with the ability to meet and maintain Town insurability requirements
• HR certification from either HRCI (PHR, SPHR), SHRM (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) or IPMA-HR (IPMA-CP, IPMA-SCP) preferred
To view the complete job description please visit our website at https://www.christiansburg.org/jobs.