Human Resources Analyst I – Staffing & Compensation
The Human Resources Analyst will:
• Research and respond to inquiries regarding policies and procedures and/or human resource policies/actions
• Conduct interviews and coaching/counseling with supervisors and employees regarding staffing and comp policies/practices
• Coordinate recruitment and selection process for assigned departments
• Assist in the research and preparation of compensation studies, presentations, and recommendations (for leadership decision making purposes)
• Review and recommend appropriate classifications and reporting structures to assist departments in aligning their people resources with customer needs/create efficiencies
• Review and recommend revisions to promotional policy/processes and facilitate the process implementation
• Consult with City Attorney as applicable.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This position will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. First review of applications will be held on October 20, 2021. Once the appropriate applicant pool has been established, it will be closed.
Human Resources Analyst I requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to six (6) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as human resources analyst or specialist or generalist. Some positions may require employee to have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
• Strongly prefer centralize Human Resources experience
• Professional designation as a SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-HR, CCP, etc.
• Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with peers and customers to produce positive outcomes
• Think strategically in terms of anticipating customer needs and planning for future processes
• Have a solid knowledge of employment law (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc) as it relates to hiring and compensation.
For more information and to apply on-line go to www.vbgovcareers.com EOE