Human Resources Analyst I/II
The City of Virginia Beach seeks a business minded HR professional to add to our growing Employee Relations team. The Human Resources Analyst role is responsible for supporting assigned departments with their employee relations needs, providing technical expertise and exceptional customer service. This position involves all things policy, compliance, case work, and coaching. If you enjoy self directed work, and have a passion for problem solving, this is the position for you.
Key duties of this position include but are not limited to:
• Conduct workplace investigations and provide a variety of support and counsel to managers and supervisors on disciplinary matters.
• Consult with supervisors and employees and formulate recommendations regarding appropriate courses of action for a variety of employee relations issues (e.g. absence management, grievance, performance management).
• Meet with stakeholders to gather information and make recommendations intended to resolve a wide variety of personnel concerns.
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships throughout the organization.
• Draft investigative reports, grievability determinations and other professional documents in compliance with City policy and applicable laws or regulations.
• Interpret policies, procedures, administrative directives, and administrative instructions for supervisors and employees.
• Collaborate with City employees, and supervisors regarding requests for accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Research, analyze and formulate statistical and narrative reports regarding HR-related issues / programs to provide a basis for decision making and accountability; will formulate final recommendations on a course of action.
• Preferred qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or similar field Expertise in all aspects of public sector employee relations as outlined in the description of typical responsibilities and the ability to exercise good judgment.
• Experience applying state and federal laws related to labor relations including EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ADA.
• Ability to develop good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders and to maintain a professional and cordial demeanor at all times.
• Experience developing and presenting training and other presentations.