Human Resource Manager
The County of Roanoke is a local government employer offering a complete benefit package to over 1000 full-time employees. This unique opportunity allows a skilled HR professional to concentrate on benefit administration and HRIS benefit maintenance, while continuing to work in a variety of HR related areas. Government and benefit administration experience preferred. Our team values integrity, teamwork and public service! Performs complex professional and administrative work in the planning, administration and management of human resources activities. Work performed may cross all functional lines of HR, and may have a specific focus in one or more areas. The functional areas include compensation and classification, benefit administration, compliance, employee relations, staffing and recruitment, HRIS, training and organizational development. Exercises considerable independent judgement in developing and implementing objectives. Works at a high level of interaction with employees, managers and third-parties. Limited supervision and policy direction and guidance. The functions listed below are illustrative of the type of work performed and are not intended to be inclusive.
• May be assigned responsibility for administration of all benefit programs such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, wellness, retirement, deferred compensation, flexible spending and other plans to include:
o Ensures accuracy of automated benefit enrollment/changes in HRIS system. Coordinates transfer of data between HR and Payroll systems and external vendors, troubleshoots and resolves errors.
o Manages open enrollment period to include plan changes, system updates and employee communication.
o Prepares and disseminates regular communications to increase employee knowledge and understanding of benefit programs, procedures and/or changes.
o Studies employee benefit trends and developments and recommends plan changes to improve competitiveness, innovation or cost.
o Reconciles monthly invoices and ensures timely payment; completes annual ACA reporting requirements.
• Coordinates, prepares and presents employee training and development opportunities.
• Assists with recruitment and staffing of County departments.
• Assists in management of workforce planning, develops and contributes to retention, attraction and motivation strategies.• Provides statistical reporting and analysis of HR Metrics in order to make recommendations regarding workforce planning. Prepares for submission mandated reporting such as EEO.
• Effectively communicates various subjects via group presentation, development of visual or written materials, website updates or group facilitation.
• Serves in an advisory capacity, supports and replaces other staff members as needed within the department.
• Completes special projects and/or other duties as assigned