James City County’s Social Services Department seeks an individual to perform advanced professional work assisting with implementing comprehensive policies, programs, and funding used to provide safe, decent and affordable housing opportunities to families and individuals including, but not limited to, the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, Virginia Homeless Solutions Program and the First Time Homebuyer Program.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
• Participates in the development, modification, and implementation of program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; assists with program oversight in order to serve as the backup to the Housing Manager for staff/program needs.
• Monitors new and existing programs to incorporate updates and modifications as required by changes in Federal, State and Local regulations, guidelines, and rules; monitors the HCV program waiting list and assists with determining issuance of vouchers based on voucher and funding availability; audits program files to ensure compliance with program guidelines/policies.
• Maintains records and prepares a variety of reports, analyses, and other written materials necessary and required for federally funded programs.
• Assists with budget preparation and monitoring of expenditures.
• Develops, conducts, and participates in training/information sessions for JCC program participants and partner agency program participants; meets with community groups, agencies and organizations to promote assisted housing programs.