Heavy Equipment Operator/Streets
Summary & Scope of Responsibilities: Perform skilled work of light, medium and heavy-duty motorized equipment and vehicles in the repair and maintenance of public streets and right-of-ways.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Operate equipment in the repair and maintenance of Town streets and related storm drainage systems and sidewalks. Such equipment includes but is not limited to excavator, front-end loader, backhoe, bobcat, jet truck, road grader, street sweeper, snow removal equipment, assorted compaction equipment and medium to heavy duty trucks.
• Perform manual labor as required including but not limited to repair of potholes, storm drain pipes and inlets.
• Perform operation of street sweeping activities.
• Maintains daily records of work performed and equipment used.
Knowledge, Competencies & Technical Skills:
• Experience in road systems repairs and maintenance.
• Knowledge of computerized data entry and data organization skills.
• Ability to comprehend and accurately complete work orders and communicate status of projects both in writing and verbally.
• Knowledge of light and medium duty motorized equipment and vehicles.
• Knowledge of power tools and equipment.
• Considerable hand-eye coordination.
• Ability to perform work in emergency situations as required.
Expected hours & Travel: Hourly position which requires core work hours of 7:00am – 3:00pm. OT and/or weekend work on an as needed basis.
Required Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License and CDL.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others including operators, supervisors, regulators and the public.
• Requires courtesy, discretion and use of sound judgement when dealing with others.
Please visit the website for complete job description.