Do you have an interest in GIS or geography and want to learn more about the City’s responsibilities in these areas? If so, consider applying for the GIS/Mapping (Seasonal) position with the Public Works Department!
The two GIS/Mapping (Seasonal) positions are temporary, part-time positions (no benefits) with a preferred starting rate of $12.50 per hour. The ideal candidates will be available during regular business hours to work 40 hours or less per week on an as needed basis, or for completion of a specific assignment.
The GIS/Mapping (Seasonal) positions will:
– Perform a variety of work to assemble and enter data into geodatabases and GIS software for Public Works stormwater management and asset management divisions;
– Write letters clearly and distinctly;
– Be competent in the understanding of public works, fields and structures when presented on maps, construction drawings and geospatial systems;
– Possess basic computer skills;
– Have the aptitude to perform research, measurements, and calculations to resolve data anomalies;
– Work efficiently and independently in outdoors setting to complete job assignments.
– High school diploma, GED, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
– Current enrollment in or recent graduate of a Geography or GIS Technology program in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree;
– Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills;
– Proficient with computers and office software; and
– Valid driver’s license required.
To find out more information specifically related to this opportunity and to apply, please visit: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application in order to be considered. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 02/13/2020)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.