Are you seeking a career that allows you to utilize your GIS skills within a collaborative organization that creates a high-quality, lasting, and manageable developed environment for the local community? If so, consider applying for the City of Harrisonburg Information Technology Department’s GIS Analyst position!
The GIS Analyst is a full-time position with benefits and a preferred hiring range of $25.67 – $29.52 per hour (equivalent to $53,393 – $61,401 annually); however, an exact salary will be determined based upon the selected candidates’ qualifications and in compliance with City Policy Section 3: Compensation. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to perform skilled work within the City’s GIS and have comprehensive knowledge of modern geographic information system theory, practice, and tools.
– Undergraduate degree in geographic/information systems, engineering, or a related field with some experience in the use of geographic information systems, local government applications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Valid driver’s license, required.
– Some experience leading the work of others, preferred.
– Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), preferred.
– View the physical requirements for this position on the City’s website.
Find out more information specifically related to this position by visiting the City’s website at the bottom of this advertisement.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 05/13/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.