Gas Maintenance Crew Supervisor II
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled.
This position performs difficult skilled and responsible technical work supervising, inspecting and participating in the work of a maintenance, repair or construction crew of utility installations, specifically gas-lines. Work is performed under regular supervision. Supervision is exercised over an assigned work crew of semi-skilled workers and operators and/or contractors. Subject to recall or extended work day due to natural disaster or emergencies.
The hiring amount will be between $19.55 and $26.40 an hour. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED. (One year of work experience may substitute – for one year of education, up to a maximum two years substitution);
Minimum of three years of experience in skilled maintenance repair, installation or construction work related to the area assigned;
– Must be able to work overtime and respond on an on-call basis when necessary and within respond within 40 minute response time to the City Yard, located on 4th Street NW in Charlottesville, VA;
– Must have valid VA driver’s license by employment start date;
– Requires the ability to obtain a CDL by employment start date or within 6 months of hire.
– Must obtain and/or maintain any certifications as required by applicable federal, state local regulations and departmental policies;
– In accordance with departmental policies, must be able to be contacted by phone in the case of an emergency.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page listed.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.