James City County Parks and Recreation Department is seeking individual to perform responsible service maintenance work assisting patrons and overseeing daily operations of fitness center. Ensures safety and sanitation standards, performs orientations, and conducts minor equipment repairs as needed.
• Ensures Center rules, safety standards and sanitation requirements are followed.
• Instructs patrons in the proper use of the Nautilus, Cybex and cardiovascular equipment; preforms and schedules patron orientations.
• Performs routine daily maintenance tasks as needed such as cleaning equipment and minor repairs.
• Aids patrons in daily operation of equipment and answers questions concerning operation of equipment.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience which shall have involved assisting the public and operation of fitness equipment.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within six months of hire, certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Must successfully complete Cybex and Nautilus training within three months of hire date.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; fitness systems and proper techniques.
• Skill in excellent customer service; the use of basic tools.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; enforce operating policies and procedures in an effective and courteous manner; repair fitness equipment