Our Development & Permits department is seeking a Fiscal Administrator that can perform the departments accounting responsibilities in a manner that facilitates the Departments functions while maximizing customer service and staff efficiency.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to do the following:
· As a member of the Departments management team, this position is responsible for preparing and monitoring the yearly Budget.
· Provides analysis of revenues and expenditures identifying influencing industry/development trends.
· Tracks the history of permit activities and engineering review activities and their revenues to identify any trends that would assist in budget development/revenue projections.
· Provides variance explanations to the City’s Finance Department
Monitors department financial transactions associated with permit issuance and engineering review services
· Reviews daily web transactions to ensure accuracy in deposits and investigate/resolve any issues found.
· Coordinates with department staff to reconcile individual cashier’s collections and provides guidance in financial transaction practices.
Functions as the cash proffer financial manager responsible for the review, distribution and reconciliation of all cash proffers.
· Reconciles all cash proffers collected, assigned to corresponding projects and requests for appropriations through the City’s financial system and the department’s tracking software.
· For new projects approved with cash proffers, the position will establish the tracking record in the department’s software system and submit the project creation documents to the City’s Finance Department for the financial system.
· Appropriation requests are reviewed for compliance with any proffer restrictions on use of funds and for availability of funds.
Provides oversight and approval for all department purchases and accounts payable/receivable.
· Examines all requests for purchases and accounts payable are assigned to the appropriate chart string and funding is available.
· Reviews and reconciles all invoices created in the Treasurer’s Invoicing software system for civil penalties and rental inspections.
· A successful candidate will already possess proficient skills In PeopleSoft.