Application deadline is August 30, 2021, 4:30 pm. Projected test date is September 17, 2021.
Candidates will be subject to written test, interview panel, and physical agility assessment. Selected candidates shall be required to participate in second interview with the Fire Chief, background investigation, drug screen and medical evaluation per NFPA 1582.
Starting salary $33,307. Pay stipend is available for Advanced Life Support certification.
How To Apply
Applications and job description available online at www.bristolva.org under Human Resources—City Hall, 300 Lee Street, Suite 209, Bristol, VA. No phone calls.
1. Written exam, interview panel, and physical agility test on the same day.
2. Second interviews as vacancies occur.
3. Successful background investigation and drug screen
4. Hiring preference may be given to certified Firefighters and EMTs
• Valid Driver’s License
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Firefighter 1 Pro-Board or IFSAC Accredited
• Hazardous Materials Operations
• Emergency Medical Technician-Basic certification recognized by Virginia OEMS
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC)
• NIMS/ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
• Hazardous Materials Technician – Virginia Department of Emergency Management
• Emergency Medical Technical Advanced, Intermediate or Paramedic-Virginia OEMS
• Firefighter 2 – Pro-Board or IFSAC Accredited
• Driver-Operator Pumper/Aerial
Submit Applications to:
City of Bristol, VA
300 Lee Street
Bristol, VA 24201 or
Equal Opportunity Employer