Fire Rescue Technician
Join an elite organization with the desire to serve, the courage to act, and the ability to perform!
Apply now to be a part of our eligibility pool for our next Fire & Rescue Academy. Interested candidates must be 18 years of age and over. Starting salary is $47,324.16 (salary increase after completion of Academy to $49,800.00). Employees begin training in the Fire & Rescue Academy as a Fire Rescue Technician Trainee.
Lateral applicants with previous knowledge skills and abilities will be considered. Lateral candidates must have at least 2 years experience with a career department and have been through a recruit school or 5 years in a career department with the necessary certifications. Starting salary for lateral candidates is $52,291.20-$67,991.04 – salary commensurate with experience.
• Advanced Life Support Incentives are added to your base salary:
7.5% of base salary for Advanced
10% of base salary for Intermediate
12% of base salary for Paramedic
• Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage at very competitive rates
• Up to 14 paid holidays annually
• Virginia Retirement System pension plan & a life insurance policy 2X annual salary
• 457(B) individual retirement plan
• Access our Employee Wellness Center which is free for all permanent employees &
• Progressive and proactive Fire and Rescue protocols
• Training available!
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
This position trains to perform responsible protective service work providing fire suppression, emergency medical care and response to hazardous materials incidents; does related work as required. Much of this work is performed under simulated emergency conditions but may frequently involve considerable personal hazard. Work is performed as a student under the regular supervision of a qualified instructor. Some tasks may be performed under the supervision of other Fire Rescue employees while assigned to the operations division. Position is considered essential personnel.