City of Pikeville Fire Department – Pikeville, Kentucky 41501
August 2, 2022
The City of Pikeville is seeking highly-motivated and experienced candidates for the position of Fire Chief. The position requires a decisive leader who thrives on helping others and leading a team of committed professionals. The successful candidate will enjoy interacting and communicating with the public, multi-tasking, taking immediate action, and building a team to face the challenges of the future.
Fire Chief Position Requirements
• a high school diploma or equivalent;
• four-to-ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• A valid driver’s license;
• IFSAC Firefighter 1 & IFSAC Firefighter 2
• Fire Officer 1 and successful completion of Fire Officer 2 within 12 months of employment
• Current EMT-B certification and be in good standing
• Candidates must also successfully pass the City’s criminal background check.
Qualified candidates may apply for this opportunity by submitting an application on the City of Pikeville’s website, www.pikevilleky.gov and submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Pikeville Employee Benefits
• Paid Time Off (PTO)/Sick Leave/Holiday Pay
• Employees join Kentucky Public Pensions Authority (KPPA)
• No cost for employee-only medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
• No cost for employee basic life & AD&D insurance coverage
• Additional life and supplemental insurances available
• All uniform items are provided
The CITY OF PIKEVILLE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy/child birth related medical conditions, national origin, disability, veteran or family status, an individual’s status as a smoker or nonsmoker, genetic makeup or any other status or condition protected by applicable local, state or federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.