The Town of Farmville is accepting applications for the Fire Chief position. The successful applicant will be responsible for the administration, coordination, supervision, and control of all volunteer and career fire and emergency medical services related activities. They will make administrative and operational decisions pertaining to fire prevention and code enforcement, firefighting, emergency medical services, special operations, planning, budgeting, record-keeping, public education, purchasing, general administration, and training and supervision of subordinate officers. Work is often performed independently in an office setting and outdoors. The Fire Chief works under the supervision of the Town Manager.
• Ten (10) years of fire service experience, including at least five (5) years as a career firefighter.
• Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience command experience as a Fire Chief, an Assistant Chief, Battalion Chief, Captain, or Lieutenant.
• Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree in Fire Science, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
• Firefighter II, Officer II, Instructor II Emergency Vehicle Operator Certified (EVOC). Incident Command System (ICS) 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800 certified. Emergency Medical Technician certification.
• Must possess Fire Official certification or obtain within 18 months of employment. Requires a valid State of Virginia driver’s license and acceptable driving record.