Financial Reporting Supervisor
James City County’s Financial and Management Services Department seeks an individual to perform advanced work planning, coordinating, and supervising the financial reporting operations for the County and its fiscal agencies.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work, and related activities.
• Oversees the preparation of journal entries and financial reporting related to grants, capital assets, and general ledger; reviews management reports for accuracy and adherence to requirements and ensures deficiencies are corrected.
• Prepares annual financial reports and reviews annual financial reports for fiscal agents; attends and presents financial information at fiscal agent Board meetings.
• Prepares complex schedules, research, account analysis, or other work necessary for preparation of financial statements, ledgers, and reports.
• Researches, provides recommendations, and implementation plan on GASB pronouncements to ensure County and fiscal agent compliance.
• Assists with financial emergency management; participates in financial planning for emergency situations; prepares and/or reviews reports for Federal, State, and local agencies to ensure appropriate reimbursement to the County.