TOWN OF ASHLAND
The Town of Ashland is accepting applications for the position of Finance Manager. The overall responsibility of this position is to coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Town’s Finance Department. Under limited supervision performs highly complex, diversified accounting tasks, and performs related work as required. Specific duties include: supervising assigned staff, planning and organization of the Town’s finances including general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue trending, municipal tax billing, administration and collection, audit management, and all aspects of financial reporting. Job duties also include providing written reports, spreadsheets, and other material in support of the department, training staff, and coordinating efforts with Town auditors and contractors.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Graduation from a two-year or four-year college or university with coursework in accounting, finance or related field; Master’s degree desired.
• Three or more years experience in accounting; local government experience desired.
• CPA preferred; Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) certification desired.
• Two or more years of supervisory experience desired.
• Proficiency in use of MS Office software and accounting software; Bright & Associates (BAI) municipal software experience desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Position requires extensive communication with Town staff, elected officials, contractors, and the public.
• Valid Virginia driver’s license.
Minimum salary is $66,315 annually (depending on qualifications) within the Senior Professional pay band. The Town reserves the right to fill the position as a Finance Director within the Director pay band with a minimum salary of $75,697 annually (depending on qualifications). The Town offers excellent benefits, including PTO, health and life insurance, Virginia Retirement System (VRS), employer matched deferred compensation, and other benefits.
Please see the Town website, www.ashlandva.gov for more information and to apply.