Finance and General Services Coordinator
• Serves as administrative support for WRL Board of Trustees (BOT) and Friends of WRL Foundation (FWRLF); assists the library’s FOIA Officer and serves as the Records Management Officer, and Records Coordinator.
• Performs purchasing and accounts payable cycle functions including researching, negotiating, ordering, receiving, and distributing purchasing requests for supplies and equipment; audits, enters and files accounts payable data for library payments according to WRL policies and procedures and the Virginia Department of Purchasing and Supplies; assists with managing contractual services including insurance and telecommunications.
• Prepares a variety of statistical and other financial reports, using both manual and automated records; compiles operations budget information and analysis for the library; assists with administering approved budget; assists with managing the formal bid process, contract review, and request quotes for library projects.
• Assists in proofreading, researching, compiling, analyzing, tracking, and maintaining information for reports, statistics, inventories, and special projects; edits and proofs library web pages; maintains administration and other Intranet/Internet pages as needed; creates and maintains Internet and Intranet web pages for the WRL BOT and/or other informative sections for public and staff.
• Oversees mailroom operations; serves as point of contact for maintenance, operation, and issuance of refunds online for credit card and other terminals and public copier vending units, and cash registers.
• Manages and reconciles petty cash funds and bank accounts; assists with deposits, daily count, and check disbursements; assists with maintaining fixed asset inventory database and provides reports for annual library audit; assists with recording, depositing, and reporting contributions for FWRLF and others using development software.
• Plans and coordinates activities for library events, conferences, memberships, and training; collaborates with and supports other division directors/managers/officers.